A dental crown is like a cap that covers the entire tooth helping to stabilize the tooth structure and creating an aesthetic result. Dental crowns are permanently bonded into place for a comfortable and secure fit.
Dental crowns are made from a high quality dental ceramic material that is both stain and decay resistant. Dental crowns provide strength, aesthetics and lasting durable function. Dental crowns are custom designed and can be color matched to blend beautifully with your natural smile.
DENTAL CROWNS CAN BE USED:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there is not a lot of tooth left.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover a misshaped or severely discolored teeth.
- To cover a dental implant.
- To make a cosmetic modification.
Dr. Kaplan commonly recommends dental crowns to help restore your oral health and improve the look of your smile. Dental crowns provide lasting support and look and function like natural teeth. Dr. Kaplan will thoroughly examine your dental health, discuss your cosmetic goals and consider your budget when helping you choose the right dental restoration.
Dr. Kaplan will design your dental crown using digital imaging of your teeth and gums. The dental crown is molded to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. Once the restoration has been fabricated, the crown is permanently bonded to a prepared tooth or to a dental implant.